Tonight I logged on to Academic OneFile and Academic Search Complete to find how many hits I would get for my theme (change) and my specific concept for my argument paper (organ donation).
For my theme I had a total hit of 372,479 for academic journals, 249,843 for magazines, 1,791 for books and 170,009 for newspapers.
I found that when I searched for my specific concept of organ donation I had a more concentrated number. For academic journals there were 866 hits, magazines 228, books 1, and newspapers 74.
From these numbers I believe that I have a sufficient amount of research options to gather information. I took a look at some of the resources that came up in my search and I believe I will be able to obtain really good supporting information for my argumentative paper on organ donation. The topic is very controversial as is so there should be some strong resources to gather from.
As for my analytical paper, I believe this will be my hardest on. I have to go through my sources to determine which direction I want to take to. The theme being so broad seems to be my challenge.
Also:
I was inspired to search for another source tonight. After my brother passed away my family was interviewed by the Times Union. I searched the archives on their website and found the link to the article they did on my family. The only information they wrote wrong, but not by any fault of their own, was when they wrote that I sent letters to the recipients, as I wrote I never did send them.
Times Union Article.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment