Monday, November 23, 2009

I can see the finish line now.

In preparation for this final argumentative paper I wrote three other papers based on my overall theme for this semester.


My first paper was a reflection paper. I wrote my reflection paper on the night the brother passed away suddenly. It was something that changed by life not just because I lost a family member but because it opened up my eyes to the subject of organ donation. Without this incident I probably wouldn’t have even thought about the subject very much not to mention sign-up to be an organ donor myself. This paper was basically is the foundation for my argumentative paper.
(I chose this picture because I felt that it fit my theme of change and the new beginning I felt I had after my grieving process.)

The second paper was observation. In this paper I wrote about the things I was in my new job at an OB/GYN office. I observed the hardships faced everyday by ordinary people and the decision they have to make about their bodies and their future babies. It definitely is different from my topic of organ donation but none the less it will prepare me with the aspect of knowledge (making educated decision) and awareness that I want to incorporate into my last paper.
( I chose this picture because it shows the beauty of a new baby, something I get to see as a perk at my job.)

The most recent paper I wrote was my analysis paper. I wrote about organ donation itself and the factor that may or may not affect ones decision to be or not to be an organ donor. From this paper I was able to familiarize myself even more on the subject and it lead me to focus in on what I wanted to write about in my last paper. From my research I learned that there are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to organ donation. I also learned that many people aren’t even fully educated of the idea of organ donation and how the process works to become and organ donor.
(I chose this picture because it promotes awareness.)

I feel that from all essays I mentioned and the research I did for them I have been able to form a decent sized pool of information to write my argument paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment